Tracy R. Johnson, DDS
Dr. Tracy R Johnson was born and raised in Texas where he completed his undergraduate degree in Biology with a minor in Chemistry at the University of Texas Arlington. Dr. Johnson then attended the University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio Dental School where he graduated in 1983. After graduation he volunteered for service in the United States Navy, and was accepted into a General Practice Residency. He practiced general dentistry for six years and in 1989 he was selected for a one year Fellowship in Exodontia. In 1993 he began his residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Naval Medical Center San Diego which he completed in 1997.
Dr. Johnson achieved board certification with the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in 1999. That same year he became the Department Head of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Service, Naval Hospital Bremerton. In 2005 he retired after 22 years in the Navy and has been practicing Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in Lakewood since 2003.
Dr. Johnson is married to his high school sweetheart Sylvia and they have a son and a daughter, and one grandson.
Professional Certifications & Memberships
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
- American Dental Association
- Western Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Washington State Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Washington State Dental Association
- Pierce County Dental Society
Professional Offices Held
- President, Washington State Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons 2008-2009
- Board of Directors, Western Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons